I would like to thank you and Autoloss for your help on resolving my 2009 Honda Civic LX Total Loss claim with Nationwide.
After two months of working with Nationwide, their best offer was $8,093. I reviewed values in local markets to replace the car and kept coming up with a value of $10,000+. When I reached an impasse with Nationwide, the next course of action was to go to independent appraisals. I called Monica @ Autoloss. We discussed the vehicle and she gave me a rough quote.
Looking back now, I wish I would have gone to Autoloss considerably sooner. Monica and Nationwide's independent appraiser came to an agreed value of $10,200, resulting in a $2100 (25%) increase.
Monica handled the case quickly and fought to get me a fair value.
- How to Know You Have a Diminished Value Case
- What Your Auto Body Shop Fails to Tell You
- Odometer Tampering or "Clocking"
- Frame-Related Diminished Value
- Body Shops Pressured to Hide Frame Damage on Repair Orders
- Certified Used Vehicle Programs Reject Cars with Accident Damage
- Flood Cars — NICB Access to Hurricane Claims
- Understanding Diminished Value